Board of Supervisors - Pine Creek - BIO
Ralph Jefferson “Bob” Martin, Jr.- Pine Creek Supervisor
1. Birthday 02-28-1949
2. Wife of 41 years is Margaret Ellen Jackson
3. Son Robert S., Policeman and daughter, Kimberly M., Teacher.
1. Shorts Creek One Room School 1-7
2. Hillsville High 8-12
3. Wytheville Community College AA
4. Virginia Tech BS
5. Radford University MS
6. Virginia Tech Educational Specialist, ED.S.
III. Community Service
1. Carroll County Board of Supervisors member 5 terms, Chair.
2. United Methodist Church member 40 years: S.S. Teacher, Chair of Parsonage
Committee, Chair of Administrative Board, Chair of Pastor Parish Relations,
Chair of Education.
3. United Methodist Men, President.
4. Virginia Jaycees Member
5. Carroll County Public Service Authority.
6. Mount Rodgers Planning District Commission.
7. Carroll County Recreation Commission member.
8. Southwest Virginia Farmers Market Committee.
9. Carroll County youth Basketball Coach 10 years.
10. Twin County 911 Commission Member.
11. Twin County Solid Waste Authority Member.
12. District 3 Governmental Coop. for Senior Citizens, Chair.
13. New River Highlands Resource, Conservation and Development Council, Chair.
14. 1976’s Carroll County Intermediate expansion with gym. Laurel Elementary addition.
15. Phase I School Construction: Laurel Elementary, Oakland Elementary, Fancy Gap
Elementary, Gladeville Elementary, And Gladesboro Elementary.
16. Phase II School Construction: St. Paul School and Hillsville Elementary.
17. Phase III School Construction: Carroll County High and Carroll County Intermediate
18 Hillsville Elementary PTO President 2 terms
19. Hillsville Intermediate School PTO President 2 terms.
IV. Work Experiences Part Time
1. Farm help
2. Kroger Company
3. Radford Arsenal
4. Coleman Furniture
5. Radford Pipe Shop
6. Austinville Miner
7. Bowers Bridge Construction I-77.
V. Work Experience Full Time
1. Horace Mann Insurance, Senior Account Salesman, 8 Years.
2. Carroll County Public Schools
a. St. Paul School: Football, Science, math, PE
b. Hillsville Intermediate School: Basketball, Baseball, PE, Athletic Director
c. Carroll County High School: JV Basketball
d. Woodlawn School: Math Teacher, Elementary Assistant Principal
e. Hillsville Intermediate School: Assistant Principal, Athletic Director
f. Sylvatus and Dugspur Elementary Schools Joint Principal
g. Gladesboro Elementary School: Principal
h. Hillsville Elementary School Principal
i. Director of Safety, Energy Management, Book Depository, Special Events.
j. Grant Writer:
•New Hillsville Elementary Playground Equipment $40,000
•II New Hillsville Elementary Playground Equipment $40,000
•Rain Garden Grant Hillsville Elementary School $5,000
•Reforestation Grant for FFA Farm $20,000
•Timber Bridge for FFA Farm $5,000
•Recreational Trail Grant for HES / FFA Farm $97,000